Recent Storm Damage Posts
When Storms or Floods hit Eau Claire, SERVPRO is ready!
Our highly trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage in Eau Claire.
SERVPRO ofEau Claire specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Eau Claire, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States. We partnered with the storm team to assist in the resent major storm event in Madison WI.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 715-834-3473
The Weather Outside Is Frightful!
If you weren't lucky enough to be in a warm and tropical climate over the past weekend, you saw Mother Nature doing her best to remind everyone, just who says it is officially spring! In some Wisconsin towns, as much as 30" of snow was dumped on everyone. The Dairy state seen everything from, rain, sleet, lightning and thunder, high winds, and most definitely saw plenty of snow! With the snow, and rain comes many issues that can effect your home and business.
Remember to clear snow away from your vents, in order to keep from blocking them and causing deadly gases from building up in your home. Clear off your roof to help lessen the wait that heavy snow and ice can cause. Salt your steps and sidewalks to help prevent slips and falls. When running your vehicles to warm up, remember to open the garage door for proper ventilation.
Although lightning can happen at anytime, the chances are rare with winter like weather. No matter what time of the year lightning happens, here's some safety tips.
- HAve a lightning safety plan, and cancel or postpone outdoor activities if thunderstorms are expected.
- If you do get caught outside, avoid high grounds, open spaces, and all metal objects including electric wires, fences, etc. Seek shelter in a substantial building or a fully enclosed metal vehicle.
- If you are indoors, stay away from doors and windows. Do not use the telephone. Consider unplugging computers, power tools, and tv sets. Lightning may strike exterior electric/phone lines, inducing shocks to inside equipement.
Source for lightning tips are from the National Weather Service.
Severe Weather Safety
Severe weather happens any time, anywhere. Every single year the US averages 10,000 severe thunderstorms, 5,000 floods or flash floods, 1,300 tornadoes, and 2 land falling deadly hurricanes.
about 98% of all providentially declared disasters are weather related, leading to approximately 650 deaths per year and nearly $15 billion in damage. There are a few steps you can take to better prepare yourself for disasters and possibly save your life or the lives of others.
- Know Your Risks. First step to being weather ready is to understandthe type of hazardous weather that can affect where you live and work, and how the weather can impact you, your business, and your family. Check the forecast regularly, get a NOAA Weather Radio, and learn about Wireless Emergency Alerts. There are many forms of severe weather and your shelter plans should include all types of local hazards.
- Take Action. Take the next step in severe weather preparedness by creating a communications plan for your home and business. Put together or purchase an emergency kit. Keep important papers and valuables in a safe place.
Be an Example. Once you've taken action to prepare for severe weather, share your story with friends and family, coworkers, on your social media accounts. Your time and effort to be prepared will be an inspiration to others and encourage them to do the same.
Contact SERVPRO of Eau Claire for more readiness tips and tools, including SERVPRO's Emergency Ready Profile (ERP). Having an ERP in place for you or your facility can help minimize business interruption in the event of a disaster. SERVPRO of Eau Claire will help you be "Ready for whatever happens!"
***Facts and figures provided by noaa.gov