According to the National Weather Service, $2.84 million dollars of property damage was caused by the extreme cold in 2015. Even scarier? Fifty-three people died and three were injured because of the extreme cold during 2015.
There are two things to be mindful of during the extreme cold, Frostbite and Hypothermia. Frostbite is caused when your skin is exposed to extremely cold temperatures. Physical conditions to be aware of are, white or grayish-yellow skin, skin that feels unusually firm, or waxy numbness. Hypothermia is when your body temperature drops to an abnormally low temperature, caused from long exposure to cold weather. Signs of hypothermia include shivering, exhaustion, confusion, fumbling hands, memory loss, slurred speech, and drowsiness. If someone's body temp falls below 95 degrees (F), it's is important to seek immediate medical attention.
Seeing how this winter has been arctic blast of weather for weeks on end, it is vital you take some time and know the weather whenever you leave your home.
source for weather facts and terms come from ready.gov/winter-weather
Education Is A Key To Success!
Did you know that SERVPRO of Eau Claire is not only a restoration, mitigation and cleaning company, but we also are an education company? It's true! We offer a variety of different avenues to help not only our customers, but our community, to be educated and up to date with all the information regarding our field of service.
Our most popular educational resource is the SERVPRO Continuing Education Courses we offer to insurance agents and adjusters. We take great pride in providing the most accurate, and time sensitive information possible, while making the courses fun and interesting. One thing is for sure, after you have attended one of our CE Courses, you will never want to miss out on another one!
Another resource available for education is our Lunch and Learns. These are available to any business small or large, community group, or private group. Our marketing representative from SERVPRO of Eau Claire hosts the event and is full of knowledge, energy and passion.
We also have our website available to everyone, 24 hours a day. Simply go to www.SERVPROeauclaire.comand begin to explore! You will find everything from informational pieces, SERVPRO videos, news articles, to seeing who the local heroes are that will service your home or business in times of need, and tips on what to do in the unfortunate event you have a disaster!
We also have a twitter, google and facebook account that is always filled with great information and tips. So as you can see, we have many resources available for your every need and are ready to answer all your questions.
If you would like more information on signing up for a CE Course or having a Lunch and Learn, or would just like to speak with a SERVPRO of Eau Claire representative, feel free to call us at 715-834-3473, email at Marketing@SERVPROeauclaire.com,find, like & follow us on facebook at SERVPROEauClaire, follow us on twitter @SERVPROeauclaire
Clean Homes Sell Faster
Selling your home? Great, congratulations! I bet you have a check list of things to do before your home is showcased by a real estate agency. Find a reputable listing agent (Check) Clear all clutter from living areas (Check) Stage home (Check) research local market for new home (Check) Contact SERVPRO of Eau Claire to put the final touches on your home ( ) .... OH OH!
Did you know that clean homes sell faster? Did you know that SERVPRO of Eau Claire can help you sell your home? That's right! We regularly work with local real estate agencies to help you sell your biggest investment, your home.
We offer a variety of services:
- Air Ducts and HVAC
- Biohazard, Crime Scene and Vandalism
- Carpet, Upholstery, Drapes and Blinds
- Ceilings, Walls and Hard Wood Floors
Some times your home may call for more intense care. In those situations we offer:
- Fire, Smoke and Soot
- Water Removal and Dehumidification
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
- Catastrophic Storm Response
- Move Outs and Contents Restoration
- Electronics and Equipment
- Document Drying
- Contents Claim Inventory Services
As you can see, SERVPRO of Eau Claire has got you covered for all your needs! So please remember when creating your home selling check lists, to include SERVPRO Of Eau Claire and our cleaning/restoration services! We WILL help you sell your home faster!
Special Teams wins every time!
Chances are that if you are a Green Bay Packers fan, you are not used to being in this spot, out of the playoffs. You find yourself in an unfamiliar, uncomfortable predicament. If only you had that one missing piece. That one special player that could make everything better and win the big game. Everything would be great! You would be happy and looking forward to the next game. Now your football world is a disaster and your sports life has been turned upside down.
Unfortunately, unless you work in the management of the Green Bay Packers, there is nothing you can do to better the situation. All you can do is hope that next years team is the best and can come through when needed and win the big game.
Fortunately for you, when it comes to emergencies and disasters in your home or business, you have the power and control to call in the best every time! When you call SERVPRO of Eau Claire, you are calling the MVP or restoration and clean up services! From the moment you make the call, our experts will form a play that will be sure to score every time.
Just like your favorite NFL team, SERVPRO of Eau Claire has special teams too. From the Water and Fire team, to the Carpet and Air Duct cleaning team, or our Bio-hazard and Crime Scene teams, to the Storm teams, we will have the right play for every situation that comes our way! Heck we even have offensive and defensive coaches that will come to your business and help draw up an Emergency Ready Plan to make sure your disaster playbook will win the big game every time.
So when it is game time and you have an emergency or disaster, call on the MVP's with the special teams of SERVPRO of Eau Claire. Guaranteed to be the winning team every time!
Does your home have a mold problem?
Let the experts take care of you!
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 715-834-3473 SERVPRO of Eau Claire
SERVPRO of Eau Claire giving back to the community
Pictured is Kyle Yudes, SERVPRO of Eau Claire Marketing Rep - Wes Escondo and Teri-Gene Conlin of Brothers Big Sisters Northwestern WI
At SERVPRO of Eau Claire we believe in giving back to our community. We have a great partnership with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwestern Wisconsin. Every August we hold a golf outing where 100% of money raised goes directly to this great organization. It is a day of fun for a excellent cause. We are extremely excited for the outing in 2018. With an energetic team heading up the planning, the sky is the limit with this event!
On top of SERVPRO of Eau Claire's annual golf outing, we are continuing our support of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwestern Wisconsin. Today SERVPRO of Eau Claire's Marketing Representative met with Chief Executive Officer Wesley Escondo, and Associate Director of Fund Development Teri-Gene Conlin and presented a $1,000 check to the organization.
We look forward to continuing our partnership and support with Big Brothers Big Sisters for many years to come.
Choosing the right restoration company
Like it never even happened
How To Choose Water Damage Restoration Services
When a storm leaves a home flooded, or a burst pipe causes serious issues in the house, getting water damage restoration services from a respected company should be considered a top priority. Unfortunately, this industry is not regulated, and there are people out there who pose as professionals or overstate their qualifications. Therefore, homeowners should be mindful of who they hire, as an untrained technician may do more harm than good or delay repairs, resulting in a higher degree of destruction. Before selecting a company to handle the job, keep in mind these points of emphasis:
- Only choose certified professionals to perform water damage restoration services. Even though the industry is not regulated, technicians who have received certification have made the effort to get the best training possible, proving that they take their job seriously. Certification through the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) is a sign that a professional has received the most up to date training and is knowledgeable in the latest techniques and technologies employed during repairs. The IICRC operates a Certified Firm registrant-only database on its site, making it easy to find a local, certified professional without trouble.
- Do not select a technician based only on the price or an insurance company’s recommendation. When possible, speak to neighbors or friends who have had to hire a technician recently and try to get a recommendation from them. Insurance companies often select a restoration company based on price, and unusually low pricing suggests the company does not use modern drying or repair methods.
- Choose a company that offers a range of water damage restoration services. The easiest way to determine the expertise of a firm is to see if they provide a full range of options for homeowners. Mold remediation, for example, is often needed given how quickly mold can set in. This is a standard field of knowledge that advanced technicians should possess. If a company doesn’t offer mold remediation, it may not be prepared for all job settings.
- A company that is available 24/7 is a good sign. Stay away from any firms that are reluctant to start right away. In many cases modern equipment can enable near-complete drying in as little as 36 hours, although many situations require longer. Also, a homeowner should not have to wait before repairs begin. Every minute counts when there is standing water present, and reputable professionals understand this. If a technician insists on waiting to begin the remediation portion of the loss, they probably cannot be trusted to see the job through in a reasonable timeframe.
Using these guidelines, a homeowner should be able to find a technician that can be trusted and is equipped to do the job the right way. A storm or other disaster is hard enough to deal with, and a remediation firm should do everything in its power to make this difficult process easier.
SERVPRO of Eau Claire Emergency Water Damage
SERVPRO of Eau Claire is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - 715.834.3473
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Eau Claire has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Eau Claire
SERVPRO of Eau Claire specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Tom Hanaman, SERVPRO of Eau Claire owner had an article written on him and franchising. Eric Lindquist, a staffmember at the Leader -Telegram wrote the article. So please checkout the 2016 Spring Issue of Business Leader (pg. 4). SERVPRO of Eau Claire provides Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration to the Chippewa Valley, Eau Claire County & more.
Tom Hanaman purchased the franchise and began SERVPRO Of Eau Claire in 2010.
GALLATIN, Tenn. (Grassroots Newswire) January 19, 2016 - SERVPRO, a cleanup and restoration franchise company, maintains its hold on the top ranking in the Restoration Services industry for the 13th consecutive year and moves up to the number four spot overall in the 2016 Franchise 500 rankings from Entrepreneur magazine. This is the seventh consecutive year SERVPRO has been included in the magazine's Top 10 list, standing out in a group of more than 951 franchises that qualified for inclusion in the list.
Entrepreneur magazine's Franchise 500 selection process uses "objective, quantifiable measures of a franchise operation" to help would-be entrepreneurs identify franchise investment opportunities. Some of the most important factors considered by Entrepreneur in developing the list each year are "financial strength and stability, growth rate and size of the system."
Contaminated Water Damage
* Avoid all contact with sewage and items contaminated by sewage. Wash your hands throughly if you come in contact with contaminated items.
* Do not walk through contaminated areas, as you could spread damage to unaffected areas.
* Do not turn on the HVAC system if there is a possibility of spreading contaminated air.
* Do not use household fans to dry the structure; air flow could spread contaminants.
* Discard any food and/or products for personal hygiene and cleanliness if exposed to the contaminated areas.
When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals respond immediately and use advanced equipment and techniques to remove the water quickly. They closely monitor and document the drying process to verify your property is dried properly and thoroughly.
Call your local professionals, SERVPRO of Eau Claire @ 715-834-3473 to help with your damaged structure right away.